Re: LilyDev 5.0 released

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyDev 5.0 released
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 19:40:23 +0100

Il giorno gio 29 dic 2016 alle 11:57, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:
 Though, I was surprised not to find the lilypond-git-repo. Did I
 overlook somthing?
 Anyway I cloned it manually.

The first time you log in you should see a terminal popping up and asking for your name and email for git commits; then all the required repos are downloaded.
 The setup script is called by this file:

https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/blob/master/config/includes.chroot/etc/skel/.config/autostart/lilydev.desktop

Do you have this file within your home directory? ~/.config/autostart/lilydev.desktop

 Is qterminal installed?

qterminal is installed and lilydev.desktop is present, though I've
never seen it executed.

I found out why it didn't work:

In ~/.config/autostart/lilydev.desktop you should:

1. replace ~ with $HOME. That is:
Exec=qterminal --workdir $HOME -e ./.lilydev-setup.sh

2. Remove this line:
Terminal=true

Otherwise you need the xterm package (which used to be automatically installed in previous versions, but it's not needed, as we have already qterminal), because it seems that if Terminal=true is set then the desktop file calls the xterm first and then executes the qterminal command.

I'm going to fix it immediately. Next release should work fine.