Re: make metronomeMarkFormatter more flexible (issue 327620043 by addres

From: dak
Subject: Re: make metronomeMarkFormatter more flexible (issue 327620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 01:24:36 -0700

On 2017/10/12 08:19:52, Malte Meyn wrote:
On 2017/10/12 08:04:49, Malte Meyn wrote:
> And I really would like to have the tempoShowParentheses context
property
> because it’s really common to see tempo both with and without
parentheses and
> IMHO it’s weird to have to write
>     \set Score.tempoHideNote = ##t
>     \tempo \markup \concat { "Allegro " \note { 4 } " = 120" } 4 =
120
> only because you don’t want parentheses.

Another suggestion regarding this point: Don’t call that
tempoHideParentheses or
tempoShowParentheses but tempoParenthesizeNote or something similar.
tempoHideNote hides a note that is only there when the user inputs it.
But
parentheses aren’t input by the user so they might be confused which
parentheses
this property is talking about.

Well, we could have tempoParentheses set to \markuplist { "(" ")" } by
default.  That's pretty general, except for just where the parentheses
appear.

https://codereview.appspot.com/327620043/