Error Messages in wrong language

From: Joseph Austin
Subject: Error Messages in wrong language
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:33:21 -0500

I asked this question on the user forum but got no answers.

My lilypond error messages are in Spanish, but my language is English.
I do have the Spanish keyboard options present on my Mac (Sierra 10.12.3)
but I run Lilypond with it set to US English.
BTW, I know how to fix the error itself; what I don't know is how to get the
error messages in English.
This just started happening in the past month (Jan 2018), but I have no idea
what I might have changed.

Is there a Lilypond option to set user language?

Joe Austin

Example:
======================
words = { A- men }
music = { f c }
<<
 \relative c' \music
 \addlyrics \words

=======================\
 Procesando «/Users/josephaustin/lilypond/scripts/TEST/Untitled 2.ly»
Analizando...
/Users/josephaustin/lilypond/scripts/TEST/Untitled 2.ly:1:11: error: cadena no
reconocida, no está dentro de un elemento de texto o \lyricmode
words = {
          A- men }
/Users/josephaustin/lilypond/scripts/TEST/Untitled 2.ly:1: advertencia: no se
ha encontrado ninguna instrucción \version, escriba

\version "2.18.2"

para disponer de compatibilidad en el futuro
Interpretando la música...
Preprocesando los objetos gráficos...
Buscando el número de páginas ideal...
Disponiendo la música en una página...
Dibujando los sistemas...
Salida de la página hacia «Untitled 2.ps»...
Convirtiendo en «./Untitled 2.pdf»...
error fatal: archivos que han fallado:
"/Users/josephaustin/lilypond/scripts/TEST/Untitled 2.ly"