Re: Figured bass

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Figured bass
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:09:31 +0200

> Hi,
>
>   Could anybody tell me whats causing my file to not compile
>   in this text script :
>    [b8 cis' d' b] [a^#`( columns (lines " ") (finger (lines "6")) (lines "\")
> ) g]
>    [a^#`(columns (lines " ",text-sharp," ") (finger (lines "6", "4", "3"))
> (lines " ", " ", "\")) f] |
>
>   (PS: Please, don't reduce the text script if possible.)

The problem is that the backslash \ has a special meaning
in strings, just as in programming languages like C.
For example a \t is a shorthand for a tab and \" is double
quote (otherwise it'd be impossible to include a double
quote within a string, right). If you actually want a
backslash within a string, you have to add an extra (sic)
backslash in front of it. So, if you replace "\" with "\\"
it should work better.

I'm sure you know that (lines "string") is equivalent to "string".

  /Mats