Re: where's the right margin

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: where's the right margin
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:45:57 +0200

> Is there a name for the width of the line or the right margin in
> lilypond that can be used in latex with lilypond-book?
>
> My specific problem is that when I set something as "\flushright", it
> sticks out quite a ways to the right of the end of the lilypond music
> line, and I want it to be flush with the end of the lilypond music
> line.

The line width in Lilypond is determined by the linewidth paper
variable, but in lilypond-book this is set automatically to be
the save as the LaTeX \linewidth. If you have music examples
shorter than a line, Lilypond will give them their natural width
and doesn't add any extra space, so the music example should behave
like any "box" in LaTeX. I tried to add a \raggedleft declaration
(equivalent to a flushright environment) at the top of
Documentation/user/latex-lilypond-example.latex
and it does give right aligned music examples, at least almost all
of them. I got the impression that those were the ones that started
a new paragraph, but didn't have the time to investigate further.

I'm not if this is the situation you referred to, maybe it's best
if you send an example, so we know what we are discussing.

   /Mats