Re: where's the right margin

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: where's the right margin
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:42:08 +0200

>     >> My specific problem is that when I set something as "\flushright", it
>     >> sticks out quite a ways to the right of the end of the lilypond music
>     >> line, and I want it to be flush with the end of the lilypond music
>     >> line.
>
>     Mats> The line width in Lilypond is determined by the linewidth paper
>     Mats> variable, but in lilypond-book this is set automatically to be
>     Mats> the save as the LaTeX \linewidth.
>
> Where is it set?  Because changing \linewidth doesn't seem to change
> anything at all about the look of my document.

Actually, the linewidth setting is taken from the paper format
you use. Also, if you use the geometry package to specify the
page size (or indirectly by specifying the margins), lilypond-book
should also work.

>     Mats> I tried to add a \raggedleft declaration (equivalent
>     Mats> to a flushright environment) at the top of
>     Mats> Documentation/user/latex-lilypond-example.latex and it does
>     Mats> give right aligned music examples, at least almost all of
>     Mats> them.
>
> It doesn't cause my \flushright things to be aligned with the right
> edge of the music.
>
>     Mats> I'm not if this is the situation you referred to, maybe it's best
>     Mats> if you send an example, so we know what we are discussing.
>
> I'm putting lilypond file (which come in without the headers) into a
> latex document.  And I actually want to print the composer name in the
> usual place.  There is probably a more sophisticated way to do this,
> but I would have thought:
>
> \newcommand{\composer}[1]{\begin{flushright}{\textsl{#1}}\end{flushright}}
> \composer{Georg Phillip Telemann}
>
> would have done the trick, and it doesn't look right.

One possibility is to use the functions used within ly2dvi,
see the example file Documentation/user/latex-example.latex.
Otherwise, you could get a right aligned line of text with
\rightline{Georg Phillip Telemann}

   /Mats