Re[2]: Windows version of lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re[2]: Windows version of lilypond
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:25:38 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> JN> I'm curious, do people through this month's mail archives at all,
> JN> before posting?

> Well  obviously  people  who  don't have the idea of looking
> through  the  Wiki  site  (and I added a Windows link on the
> index  page),  won't  have the idea, either, to look through
> the mailing archive...

> The  way  software  works  in the GNU or Linux world is very
> very  different  than  what  Windows  users are used to (ie:
> having  every  needed  material  at  hand  level, instead of
> having  to  search through several info bases...). It's just
> something everybody new gets used to. I did (I think).

One of the aggravating things is that most of the real documentation
still comes from us (Jan & me), and that we don't have the time for
writing it.  I think the user mailing list works quite well, thanks to
people like you, Mats, Rune & Laura that answer lots of questions, but
there still is not much of organised user documentation, like a real
FAQ.

We were hoping that the introduction of the Wiki would alleviate this,
but so far, the results haven't been --well-- spectular.

I hope things will get better with the new search form (check it out
at

        http://lilypond.org/search/

).

And of course, if you didn't catch my thinly veiled cry for help, let
me try less thinly veiled :)

   Help us!

   Write documentation!