Re[4]: Windows version of lilypond

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re[4]: Windows version of lilypond
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:04:57 +0100

>> The  way  software  works  in the GNU or Linux world is very
>> very  different  than  what  Windows  users are used to.

JN> Maybe.  I still think that our FAQ (and maybe the way it's split up)
JN> is not very usable/accessible for new users?

JN> One thing a FAQ really needs (imo), is a clear list of questions, like
JN> a table of contents.  This is not what we have, and a bit clumsy to
JN> arrange in the wiki.

IMHO,  I think newbies will (always) have a tendency, except
if  they've  strenghted by programming, and years of experi-
ence, to panic when a problem (referred to as error), occurs
it's  very  frightening  to  see  code  (ie: when there's an
error)  of  the  program you are running, and something very
very unWindows-like.

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden