Re: Persistent font problems

From: Russell Smiley
Subject: Re: Persistent font problems
Date: 24 Oct 2002 18:20:36 -0400

You're correct. I just did a clean font. I viewed my example with xdvi
and tried "kpsewhich feta20.pk" again. No response again.

However I did notice that there is no font problem with xdvi (and the
rests are okay, they have also been a problem)...see the attached png.

> xdvi -v
xdvi version 22.05d-k

It seems the problem is the conversion from dvi to postscript. Perhaps I
am not using the correct tools to convert to postscript?

If I use dvips to convert to ps I get the attached png
(badfont_dvips.png). A real mess.

> dvips -v
This is dvips(k) 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software

My example with just the rests and numbers broken in the previous email
used "ly2dvi -P -s papersize="letter" $^".

Which tool should I be using? Evidently both ly2dvi and dvips are broken
somehow (or I'm not using them correctly).

Thanks for your help.

Russell.

--
Russell Smiley