Re: setup help

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: setup help
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:13:53 -0800

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:46:46 -0500
Aaron Mehl <address@hidden> wrote:
> I realize my system isn't properly setup yet but after reading the
> manual Environment variables section I have no Idea how to do this.

Please reread the install help files again, and try following the
instructions step by step.  If one step doesn't work, ask about that
step.  But right now we don't have enough information to help you.

Do you have all the prerequisites installed?

And could you try installing the stable version (1.6.6) rather than
the development branch (1.7.x)?  Lilypond uses a numbering scheme like
the Linux kernel does -- if the middle number is odd, it's a development
version; if the middle number is even, it's a "stable" version.

Cheers,
- Graham