Re: segno/ still one Q.

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: segno/ still one Q.
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:14:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Simon G. P. Bailey wrote:

> i've never seen this construct before. what i have seen is double segnos
> and codas:

Still one question to clarify wthether I comprehended ...

> notes1 segno-segno notes2 segno notes3 coda-coda notes4 coda notes5
> "D.S. al codaI"
> codaI: notesA "D.S.S. al codaII"
> codaII: notesB \bar "|."

... this right:

Is the sequence:

   notes1  segno notes2 fine notes3 dal segno al coda    coda notes4

is the same as

  notes1 notes2 notes3 notes2 notes4

> The coda symbol itself in the music is always typeset with the symbol,
> the corresponding section of music is often marked with the text "coda"
> and the symbol, or just the text (the music itself is normally separated
> from the original piece and indented).

... OK, I think , I'll concentrate on symbols and abbrivations ...

> there are many different ways of typesetting D.[C|S]. al [Fine|Coda].
> the easiest way is to just grab your favourite one and stick with it.

... yes, I think I have to limit the possibilties. Especially LilyPond
    permits adjustment by post-edition.

> hope this helps, regards,

Thank you for the quick answer.

--