Re: CVS

From: Alexandre Beneteau
Subject: Re: CVS
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:18:05 +0200

David Bobroff wrote:
Regarding my question about \markup Mats said in part:

However, in the latest CVS version, it seems this is no longer a
problem since the markup texts are handled separately from the
indication of the number of bars.

When using the CVS sources is it the same drill as when working with the
other non-CVS tarballs(after untarring, of course)?  That is
'./configure make make install?

You have to do ./autogen.sh (it will generate configure and run it for you)

What steps do I need to take when compiling a "latest CVS"?  Should I
clean out the fonts from the earlier compile, for example?

It depends if the fonts change... (Assuming yes is a good choice).
Any other warnings about how to do this would be welcome.  I have had
some experience with CVS but it was a couple of years ago.  I had just
enough information to checkout/update/compile but I've forgotten most of
it.

Savannah permits to dowload the entire lilypond dir as a tarball, if you prefer not use the cvs program...

As you, I use CVS version yesterday and today, (I need the fix for the \property Staff.MultiMeasureRest), but noticed that multi measure rest seems to be broken (numbers don't print))... Have you the same problem ???

Thanks,

        Alex.