alternatives

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: alternatives
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 15:41:52 +0200

I wan't to write some sheet of music in popsong format (Lilypond-1.4.10) and I
need alternatives. But if I try with \alternative {} I have only the chance
for the first alternativ from 1-N and then afterwards N+1, N+2, ... But I
need the first alternative from 1-N exept some number f.e. 3, and then the
second alternative only with the 3. I send my .ly-File with this Mail (It
istn't really at the and, so the lyrics and chords are a little bit out of
order, but I hope you can see the problem: The break comes after the second
stanza and all the other endings of the stanzas are the same, so why do I
have to write all the endings explicitly (in fact that's a very ugly style.
I hope you can help me, I'm new to lily, and did only find how to set
alternatives principally, but not how to type in my special case.
And by the way, how do I get the title a little bit more away from the notes?

Thank you!!!

Regards Jan Kohnert