Re: Lute tablature

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Lute tablature
Date: 21 May 2003 13:21:36 -0400

    David> Of course it is.  There is hardly any difference at all.
    >>
    >> Except that the stems give you some note length information.

    David> The stems are on the notation, not the tablature.

No, in the Dowland facsimiles, the stems are above the tablature
staff, but they're definitely part of the tablature.  They are
indications of how many beats between this lute chord and the next
one.  This is information that internet guitar tab (as far as I know)
doesn't have, but lute tab does.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139