Re: unable to launch Lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: unable to launch Lilypond
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:51:27 -0700

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:58:39 -0600
Roy Schienmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Installation Complete.
> @@@ Start a new shell to get the correct lilypond environment settings.

> Do you have any suggestions or solutions that will get me up and
> running Lilypond?
> I thank you for your time and patience with a unix newbie.

The above line explains it all, although perhaps you don't know what a
shell is.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about OSX to tell you
exactly what to do, but here's a rough guide:

The "shell" is the place where you type commands in text mode.  You might
think it looks a bit like DOS.  You probably access it by running something
called "xterm", although it might be called "terminal", "unix shell", or
something like that.  You need to quit your current shell (type "exit") and
then start up a new one.

If you're interested in using Linux apps on OSX, I recommend that you find
some kind of "beginner's guide to unix for OSX users"; such things should
exist, and it would be very helpful for you to know a bit about unix.

Cheers,
- Graham