Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:37:27 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Hi Han-Wen, all,

[CC-ing to ML again]

> > > the "quick and dirty" fix. Easy to do. Maybe something like this could be
> > > bundled with lilypond?
> >
> > No. Things that are bundled with LilyPond must meet my requirements
> > for coding quality. Quick & dirty is not  acceptable.
>
> I didn't mean "quick & dirty" in the sense of poor code. I meant a solution
> that can be created without messing around with Lilypond itself, not caring
> about integration. Hence "quick".
>
> This program shouldn't involve more than a few regexps. So, quite naturally,
> it would be either perl or sed. That this is not in line with the rest of
> Lilypond is out of the question. Hence "dirty".

Even when it is only a one-liner, it has to be documented, it must
comply to GNU coding standards, our coding standards (which forbid
Perl and sed), be generally useful, and regularly QA'd.

If it's not integrated in the Lilypond system, then it will not be
maintained by the development team, and should therefore not be
integrated in the tarball.