Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: lyrics entry help!!!-was hebrew lily
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:13:42 +0200

Hi Aaron,

> and wow but I am not sure if the lyrics files should just be the hebrew
> text or should it be the complete lyrics section???

Just plain text.

and, using the example Ferenc got to work:

\score {
  \addlyrics
    \notes {
      \clef "bass"
      \key d \major
      \time 3/4
      d4. a8 g4
    }
    \context Lyrics \lyrics {
      \include "mahyedid.out.29"   %this line counts
    }
\paper {
  papersize = "a4"
  indent = 0.0\cm

> A question about the lyrics should I put measure lines in them or just a
> string of syllables?? how does it know where to split syllables??
> I entered them with spaces and --.

This is an ex -- am -- ple of how ly -- rics should be enter -- ed.

>         ok-    mahyedid.lyr.29
>
> > #  2. Insert "\include "<lilypondfile>.out.<number>";
>
> mahyedid.lyr.29?? what is .out. ???

If your lyrics file is called mahyedid.lyr.29, then you write in the lilypond
file: \include "mahyedid.out.29". This is the file the script creates, with
the desired reversion.

Then you run
revertlyrics.pl mahyedid
or