creating a context??

From: Aaron
Subject: creating a context??
Date: 17 Jul 2003 16:40:24 +0300

Hi all I am again finding myself in the postition of newbie who should
be a hacker.

I am trying to find a way to tell lilypond that when I enter a set of
notes e f g a b c d to read them as e' f' g' a' b' c' d'

\relative won't work for me because I need this to work for more than a
fourth.

what I thought of what to define a context (is this the right term??)

nigun = \property  and then something that over rides the octave
settings

then I just encase my melody in nigun {} and away I go.

or is there a way to make relitive work for more than a fourth???

Thanks
Aaron