Newbie: Emacs configuration on Debian

From: rtml
Subject: Newbie: Emacs configuration on Debian
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:08:59 +0200

        Hi all,

Sorry if this is rather a Debian or emacs question, but Lilypond users certaily solved this problem before.

I am new to Lilypond (and Debian distibution) , and would like to have the point and clik working.

Xdvi complains with 'No editor found - using built-in default (vi)'. I think XEDITOR is not seen par Xdvi.

Can somebody tell me where to put the 'XEDITOR=...' line ? I tried in ~/.profile, in /etc/profile (which is documented as system wide), and in even in some bashrc related files. None works.

Regards

Roland