Re: Extra staves

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Extra staves
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:59:35 +0200

I have added your example to the Tips and Tricks document
(i.e. to the input/test/ directory) in the CVS of the development
version.

You can already find a number of examples in the Tips and Tricks section
that involve defining new contexts. If you do a grep for "accepts" or
"alias" in input/test/* or /input/regression/*, you will find them.

Also, I forgot to mention that the best place to learn more about these
aspects is to read the engraver-init.ly. Of course, this is also briefly
described in the manual, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Defining-new-contexts.html#Defining
and the other sections of same chapter.

   /Mats

Ralph Little wrote:
Woooohoooo! That's just the ticket!
Many thanks Mats!

I missed the meaning of \accepts in the doc and also that you could include
existing contexts in a new context definition by mentioning it.
I did try copying the ScoreContext definition from engraver-init.ly, which
would have worked had it not been for the fact that I missed the \accepts
for the ScoreContext.
Also, you don't seem to need the StaffGroup context for this to work. It
might cause me grief when I come to put the part into a score with other
parts, but we'll see...

Here is the final example and is JUST what I'm after:

Han-Wen and Jan, would it be worth putting this in the Tips and Tricks
section of the manual?

Lilypond just gets better and better!

Many thanks,
Ralph

-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-
---------

\score {
        \notes {
                \relative c' {
                        \context Staff = One { c4 d e f }
                        <<
                                {c d e f c d e f c c c c c c c c }
                                \context SubStaff = Two { c4 d e f c d e f c
c c c c c c c }

                        c d e f
        \paper {
                \translator {
                        \ScoreContext
                        \consists Span_bar_engraver
                        \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
                        \accepts "SubStaff"
                }
                \translator {
                        \StaffContext
                        \name "SubStaff"
                        \alias "Staff"
                        \remove "Clef_engraver"
                        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                        \remove "Key_engraver"

-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-
---------

---------- Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/contact_index.asp. and clicking on the print
friendly link. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this message. Thank you. ----------

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems