absolute mode was Relative mode

From: Aaron
Subject: absolute mode was Relative mode
Date: 23 Oct 2003 09:24:00 +0200

Hi again,
I tried the \transpose c c' and feel that I am missing something.

a c major scale c d e f g a b c should not force any octave jumps if you
think about it logically. As long as we know it is absolutly within a
set octave there should be no jumps. Only greater than that octave would
the notes need a different symbol. abc notation handles that with caps I
think.

The point for me is that if I know the range of a peice I should be able
to hard code that into a peice so that I shouldn't need to indicate
changes unless they exceed that range.

Maybe even have an abc mode for songs????

just some ideas off the top of my head.
Aaron