Re: Relative mode

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Relative mode
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:11:20 +0200

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

The proposed new relative mode has more typing than the present relative mode, yet it is no more readable, so it seems to me to have the disadvantages of both and the advantages of neither.

If you are referring to my proposal then it is not true for intervals less than an octave. What I mean is: As long as your piece have no jumps greater than an octave then the new relative-mode is completely down-wards-compatible: Anything written in the old mode would mean exactly the same thing in the new mode - and hence you wouldn't have to add extra key strokes.

-Rune