Re: Staffgroup question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Staffgroup question
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:22:11 +0100

             \property Score.automaticMelismata = ##t

Some day, I wish someone could explain to me what this does, 'cuz I
surely don't understand it.

It's related to how \addlyrics works when connecting syllables to
the music. If the property is set to true (which is the default, so
the setting in the template file is not necessary), then you will
only get a single syllable for each slur, i.e. each slur is
interpreted as a melisma. If the property is set to false, then you
get one syllable for each note, no matter if they are slurred or not.
Example:
\version "2.0.0"

\score{
<<
  \addlyrics \notes \context Staff \relative c'{
    \property Score.automaticMelismata = ##t
    c4 d e f | g f e d | c ( d e f ) | g ( f e d ) |
    \property Score.automaticMelismata = ##f
    c4 d e f | g f e d | c ( d e f ) | g ( f e d ) |}
  \context Lyrics \lyrics {
    do re mi fa sol fa mi re up down
    do re mi fa sol fa mi re up up up up down down down down }

             \context Lyrics = tenorLyrs {  }
             \context Staff = treble { \key ef \major \time 2/2 }

you might want to call your context "tenors" or something, but more
importantly you probably want to say \clef "treble_8".

Yes, but there are different conventions for notating tenor parts.

    /Mats