Re: cello harmonics

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: cello harmonics
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:39:54 -0800

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:19:12 +0100
Richard Lyons <address@hidden> wrote:
> My first task is a cello solo.  Has many harmonics, but I think there
> is

Ahh, another LilyPond cellist!  There's quite a few of us.  :)

> no way to enter them in lilypond.  I've looked on the archive and only
> found reference to the diamond head notation.  Is there no way to
> enter the small circle over the note for harmonics?

a4^\open

It's in the section of the manual that deals with articulations (and
fingerings).

> Also, can the roman numerals under the note to indicate which string
> be easily produced?

c4_"IV"

That what I've used so far, but it doesn't look fantastic -- I think it
should be in a different font / size, but I haven't played around with
that yet.

Cheers,
- Graham