Re: Note problems

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: Re: Note problems
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:14:52 -0500

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Jan Kohnert wrote:

Am Samstag, 22. Mai 2004 06:49 schrieb Jim Sabatke:

I've just spent about 16 hours straight trying to get some
bagpipe music to print out properly.  I've used the lilypond
bagpipe.ly as a starting point.  I am also trying to expand
the grace note groupings required.

The immediate problem is:  How do I make the non-grace note
stems all point down?  The expample (bagpipe.ly) doesn't
have any g, a or b notes on the staff, and they all want to
point down.

Try "/stemDown" into the requiered "/notes" section.

Which, of course, should be \stemDown·
If you also want the slurs and ties to move down, try
\voiceOne instead.

  /Mats

Thanks for the answer. It seems so obvious, but lilypond is huge. I can't imagine how it can be fully documented.

I'm sorry I didn't thank you gentlemen sooner, but I've been trying to develop a conversion program for bagpipe music to lilypond format. I am substantially extending the existing bagpipe.ly file and will be glad to share it when I've finished.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.