Re: default stem direction

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: default stem direction
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:43:21 -0400

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 08:53 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> According to what rule? When I try your example here, the stems
> point upwards. I tried manually forcing them down and compared
> which version felt most pleasing to the eye, but I have to say
> it was a fair play.

When the stems are down, the beam is closer to the staff, and that
proximity is the main purpose of the rules used.  Look at what
happens one note higher.  It's a bug.

Easy enough to use a \stemDown. I take it that upgrading at this point
is not a great idea.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I think you must
have answered it before I sent it.  daveA

\header {
\version "2.2.5"
}
\score { \notes {
    \context Voice = voiceUno{
    \relative c' {
e'8[ g,] a[ b]
 c d e f
e[ g, a] b
 c d e f
e g, a b
 c d e f
\stemDown
e g, a b
\stemBoth
 c d e f
f a, b c
d e f g
}}

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,