Re: http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=120953&cid=10194429

From: Jennifer Clark
Subject: Re: http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=120953&cid=10194429
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:53:30 +0100

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I can see that we're heroes, but unsung?
> > ;-)
>
> I see guys like Don Knuth and Guido van Rossum in the list. Not a bad
> list to have you name mentioned in :-)

Definitely exalted company!

I've been using lilypond for almost a week now and would like to say I find
it excellent, I've managed to produce a reasonable lead sheet for a jazz
combo and am now working on doing separate parts for each musician. That you
can transpose the chords automatically is a joy, I've had to do this manually
up until now :-) The ease of using "\include" to do different parts from the
same noteset is also brilliant.

I like the text based note entry; it is easy and I know exactly what notes
are where and for how long, unlike some of the GUI based software I've used
in the past.

Jennifer