Default layout values: was paper size problem:

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Default layout values: was paper size problem:
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:37:42 -0700

Paul Scott wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

- What happens if you manually run
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=letter myfile.ps
on the PS file from LilyPond?

Same thing that Lily gives ( a taller page). I mentioned recently that maybe there's a bug in my ps2pdf.

ps2pdf is fine. My settings for gv were giving me the false indication of a difference.

When I set gv to letter paper the ps files are also too tall (a4?).

Could the problem be other default values like vsize?

The immediate problem was my setting topmargin = 0.1\in and I seem to need to set vsize different than its default. It might be good to have the layout documentation say that changing the paper size is not enough if that is indeed the case.

I'm still experimenting with the layout parameters.

Thanks,

Paul