Re: Staff spacing, and glissandos

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Staff spacing, and glissandos
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:23:47 -0700

Tom Cornall wrote:

Hi - I've just started using LilyPond and it's fantastic, I love it!
What version?

However, I do have a couple of problems. The first one is probably
easily fixed; I have a score which fills up one page then leaves just
one line onto the next page. Is there some way to shrink the spacing
between staves (there is only one instrument, I mean lines of staves)
so that I can fit the entire song onto one page?
In the section Graham mentioned pay attention to raggedbottom and raggedlastbottom. I still don't know what their default values are and they only work correctly for simple cases. (Sorry Han-Wen. I haven't produced an example showing this problem.)

The second problem is probably a little harder. I understand LilyPond
is targeted more for classical music; however I write a lot of jazz,
and articulations are somewhat lacking for, say, trumpet parts - there
is no way to write a fall, or 'doit' or a 'squiggly' glissando (as
opposed to just the straight line). Is there some kind of extra font
or package that I can get that lets me add in such ornaments?
This should be what you want:

\override Voice.Glissando #'style = #'zigzag

Paul Scott