Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:04:39 -0800

It seems both of the problems (TeTeX 3 upgrade fails to complete, lilypond fails to run) are due to some, ahem, suboptimal packaging I did in the lilypond package.

To get the TeTeX upgrade to complete:

- run "fink update tetex". If it fails...
- Open a new shell window and run it again.
- This is due to the init script the lilypond package installs.

To get lilypond to run (I verified that this works for 2.5.13, not sure about 2.4.x):

sudo mkdir -p /sw/etc/texmf.local/fonts/enc/public
sudo ln -s /sw/share/lilypond/<whatever>/fonts/enc /sw/etc/texmf.local/fonts/enc/public/lilypond
sudo mktexlsr

I will release fixed lilypond packages within the next few days.

Matthias