How to do notes + lyrics in sequence

From: Matthew T. Atkinson
Subject: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:54:44 +0000

'ello,

I've been reading the documentation, tutorial and trying for some time
to get this working, but I just can't get my head round how it is meant
to be done.  I would like to split my piece into a series of sections
(in the text file that lilypond reads).  I would like each section to be
some notes with attached lyrics, but I can't get the lyrics to appear.

I've attached a file which shows what I'm trying to achieve, but it
doesn't of course work.  The command line I am using (FYI) is:

address@hidden:~$ lilypond --set=orientation=landscape test.ly

I'm not getting any errors during compilation.

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I've been trying almost every way to
do this, but the example files are all much more complicated than I am
able to understand at the moment, as I've only just started using the
program (they seem to change a lot of formatting settings too, which I
am not really interested in).  I read the tutorial, but it doesn't show
how to combine sections with lyrics and notes.

Thanks in advance for some pointers on the right way to do it :-).

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <address@hidden>