lilypond-book

From: Jeffrey Philpott
Subject: lilypond-book
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:18:02 +0100

Hallo,

I'm trying to set a songbook using lilypond-book, or rather lilypond-book-snapshot. (Lilypond-Snapshot 2.4.2 on Debian Sarge) and am having a few problems with the output:

1. Because the songbook is also for children, all songs are set to 23pt, which just appear as a mess on the output (notes and text font). If I use 20pt. no problems, perfect output. I tried changing ec-fonts to the newer version of 1.0.11, but that gave a mess for every size, so I'm back to 1.0.7 again. (23pt. worked in 2.2)

2. Linewidth is giving me a headache. Setting \linewidth in \paper gives a perfect output (with lilypond-snapshot), titles and music centered properly. Setting \linewidth in \layout leaves the \header with titles too much to the right. Setting \header into \score gives no title output at all. So I leave \linewidth in \paper!. However when using lilypond-book, the linewidth stays stubbornly at 19cm with no possibility of changing this, whatever I try.

Hoping.....

Greetngs Jeffrey