Re: Doc help: guitar fret numbers

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc help: guitar fret numbers
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 23:15:37 -0700

On 4-May-05, at 7:27 AM, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 04:11 am, Graham Percival wrote:
Any guitar players here?

Could somebody supply me with a short example that demonstrates guitar
fret numbers,

It would be ****far**** more helpful to have string indications in the
manual, which are standard as a ring, but not standard as to the
content of the ring: (3) (Sol) (G).  The numbers are better for
beginners, but the letter is best for the accomplished player.  I've

Huh? I don't understand -- but that doesn't really matter. If you want to
see something in the manual, please send me a short example
that demonstrates whatever you think should be in the manual.

As for "guitar fret numbers"... how should I rephrase it?  "Guitar
position and barring indications" ?

Proposed text for inclusion in the manual:
----
This example demonstrates how to include guitar position and
barring indications.

\relative c {
  \clef "G_8"
  b16 d16 g16 b16 e16
  \textSpannerDown
  \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #'("XII " . "")
  g16\startTextSpan
  b16 e16 g16 e16 b16 g16\stopTextSpan
  e16 b16 g16 d16
}