Re: lay out

From: Erik Ronström
Subject: Re: lay out
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:56:21 +0100 (BST)

| I see what you are saying but I still say a clearly defined
| and enforced structure would make the entry into lilypond
| much and mean much easier to the newbie.

I agree completely! IMHO, this is the single most annoying thing about
lilypond: the lack of a (obvious-to-the-user) uniform structure of the
input files. Since lilypond is defined by a grammar, it must of course
have a clearly defined structure, but where is it documented?

| > Part of an answer to your question can be found in the
| > sections "Changing context default settings"
|
| but this should be in file structure and in a section
| called layout.

Exactly! The template section is a good start, but the problem is that
is doesn't explain *why* the different templates are written the way
they are. There should definitely be a section explaining and giving
examples of the different parts of a lilypond source file!

Regards
Erik Ronström