Re: triplet problem in multi-staff score 2.7 and 2.6 versions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: triplet problem in multi-staff score 2.7 and 2.6 versions
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:10:08 -0700

On 21-Aug-05, at 5:26 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

Graham (all)
I edited it down to 6 measures and the 'problem' didn't appear and it doesn't happen with any other triplets in the piece (and there are many).

Well, try un-editing it a bit so that you have more than six measures. The basic idea is to reproduce the problem in as small an example as possible. It's difficult for us to figure out what's going on if you send your whole piece. In addition, by trying to create a small example, you may discover that the bug wasn't a bug; it was just something else.

For example, I had a look at your original piece and I can't see anything wrong. Lilypond has to fit g32 d'16. in the space of one note of the triplet, so of course it'll be spaced out more. Of course, since I'm running a different version of lilypond, my version could be missing this bug that your version has. If you think that's the case, keep on working
on creating a small example

Basically, almost any bug should be able to be able to be expressed in ten lines of lilypond
code.  There are _some_ exceptions, but not very many.

Cheers,
- Graham