Re: 2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3

From: stk
Subject: Re: 2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:17:42 -0500 (EST)

Graham Percival wrote:

> Insert the symbol directly into the lilypond file, just like accents
> and non-latin characters.  See the docs for utf-8.

The docs for utf-8?  Are there documents that specify how to enter a
specific symbol in a text file if I have neither a built-in software
character map nor the unicode number for the symbol?

Because of other discussions on this list, I know how to enter Latin-1
accented characters in utf-8 form, but I don't know how to enter an
em-dash or an en-dash, amongst other things.

-- Tom