Re: Newbie, lyrics and vertical spacing.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Newbie, lyrics and vertical spacing.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:05:19 +0100

Rodolfo Zitellini wrote:

On 11/14/05, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Please always keep the discussion on the mailing list,

oops, excuse me, I didn't realize that the From: filed of the mail had
the personal emain and not the list's.

I hope you know that you have increased the default space occupied by
each stave, when you set minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-6 . 6 ). I don't
realize what you tried to achieve when changing the default value.

Yes I did that to have the staffs a bit more spaced.
If you only want larger spacing between the score lines, you should
instead look at section "Vertical Spacing" and read about
betweensystemspacing. Note that you can also set the extent of each
separate Staff by setting the property like
\new Staff with {minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-6 . 6 ) } {
%The actual music
}

Also, note that the Lyrics context also defines a minimumVerticalExtent
which also contributes to the spacing between staves and lyrics.

I see. Is it possible to redefine the minimumVerticalExtent for the
lyrics context?

Of course! Just replace "Staff" by "Lyrics".

It seems that the minimumVerticalExtent redefined by
the lyrics gets summed to the global minimumVerticalExtent I set,
making a huge space (only for staves with lyrics, the other are ok).

Maybe there's a misunderstanding here since you say "global". You make the
setting for every Staff context (i.e. for every stave) in the score, so in that sense
it's "global", but it doesn't apply to any other kind of contexts.

   /Mats