Re: Newbie needs help with LaTeX/lilypond integration

From: John Wiedenhoeft
Subject: Re: Newbie needs help with LaTeX/lilypond integration
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:10:16 +0100

Well,actually TeXnicCenter IS the best GUI for LaTeX under Windows, and
MikTeX is definitely the best distribution. But: I don't know how
lilypond-book can be used with that. In former releases, LilyPond was
based upon cygwin, which was hard to communicate with if you use DOS
commands (what you do when setting up TXC), but possible (I managed it
some time ago, in my dark Windows days, but unfortunately didn't save a
note how I did that. I utilized the cygwin bash somehow... Now I use
Ubuntu and I'm perfectly happy with it ;-) ). In the recent version, I
have no idea how to do that, since it doesn't use cygwin any more.

But let's get back to the way I recommended: I was contacted privately
by a student writing her PhD thesis. She got my email address from the
list's archive. She wanted to do the same things as you, with the same
environment. I suggested her to use pdfcrop, which is much faster and
doesn't require any tweaking. One day later she happily replied that it
worked perfectly.

One day - setting up TXC took me weeks...

Best regards,
John

P.S.: For the benefit of other users, please keep the discussion on the
list. Note that, by pressing the reply button, you will only reply to
the author if your email client isn't setup properly.