Re: Inputting special symbols

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Inputting special symbols
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:26:03 -0800

On 3-Jan-06, at 7:26 PM, liang seng wrote:

Hi, do you mean that on Windows XP, the word editors (like Notepad) are able to save text files in utf-8 code? (Since I don't have WinXP, I don't know if that is possible) I may have to borrow a colleague's computer with Win XP to continue my work.

Why not just look for another editor? I'm sure you can find a text editor for windows (whatever version you use) that can save as utf-8. I'm certain that jedit can do this, for example.

Cheers,
- Graham