Re: clef transposition: tenor -> bass

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: clef transposition: tenor -> bass
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:19:03 +0200

As long as you can read tenor clef and input the music with the correct
pitches, then it's just to replace \clef tenor with \clef bass, as we have already
answered several times. For example, the following code prints the same
music notated both with tenor clef and bass clef:

\version "2.8.0"
tune = \relative c' { c g a b c d e2 }
\score{
 <<
   \new Staff { \clef tenor \tune }
   \new Staff { \clef bass \tune }

}

If the problem is that you don't know tenor clef yourself and input the music, pretending that it has a bass clef, not a tenor clef, then you will input the
music a fifth too low, so you could use
\transpose f c'

Roman wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Okay, but my problem is, that a C in tenor clef isn't a C in bass clef and I don't know how a transposition between them needs to be!?

Of course a C is a C, no matter what clef you use.

Okay, that's true, but I thought of a C in a bass clef and a C in a tenor clef aren't located on the same line...

No, that's exactly what I tried to explain.

  /Mats