Re: Fixing a font size

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fixing a font size
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:50:12 -0700

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:
Here is how to scale only the staff and still leave your headings
unaffected: (from a topic recently discussed here)

I'm glad that you're happy with the result, but I believe you are mistaken. I think the example below makes the headings three font steps smaller than 20. Try the below example with a global font size of 13 and 26.

 Also the "magstep"
function should be more-clearly explained in the manual, I still dont know
what it does really, but it works.

When you find out, let me know.  :)

Also this technique is so fundamental to getting pages to look "right" that
I think it should be part of the beginners tutorial.

As always, for documentation suggestions please see
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

#(set-global-staff-size 13)
#(set-global-staff-size 26)
\header {
        title = "My Dog Foo Foo"
}
\relative c'
<<
     \new Staff
     \with
     {
         fontSize = #-3
         \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
     }
     {
         \clef bass
         c8 c c c  c c c c