Re: Feta symbols in latex

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Feta symbols in latex
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:32:25 +0200

One solution is to exploit lilypond-book, i.e. to include a short "score"
that contains only the symbol you want to see. For example, to just include
a single note, you can do

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}
This is a document with a
\begin[notime,fragment]{lilypond}
\new Staff \with{\remove "Clef_engraver" \remove "Staff_symbol_engraver"}{ c'}
\end{lilypond}
symbol in it.

\end{document}

The most convenient solution for you, would have been if such a short score
could contain just a simple \markup{...} expression, just as an .ly file can. However, it seems that the resulting inserted .eps file will have lots of white space around the actual markup, so it will end up on a page of its own in the
document.

A second alternative, along the lines of what you have tried so far, is to
install the LilyPond fonts so that they are accessible from your TeX
installation. For MikTeX, I think it should suffice to start MikTeX
Options, click on "Roots" and then on "Add" and then select the folder
C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\
and finally press "Refresh FNDB". One nice feature of this solution is
that it will automatically keep up to date once you upgrade LilyPond
(I hope you remember to remove that files you have installed directly
into your localtemx earlier). However, you should not expect the file
feta20.tex to be present i all future releases (maybe not even in the current).

  /Mats

tiM wrote:

Please don't think I'm unpatience, but I think my mail is being forgotten,
so I've resent it. I'll be a bit more explicit this time.

I've tried to use lilypond-book on
http://www.lilypond.org/~janneke/jeremie/latex-example.lytex
I get the following error
{
! I can't find file `feta20.tex'.
l.37 \input feta20.tex

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
l.37 \input feta20.tex
}
So I copied all lilypond files to a map in my miktex map were I save other
packages and updated the file name database of miktex. Once again I tried
lilypond-book. Now I get the following message:
{
(C:\MiKTeX\localtexmf\tex\latex\lily\feta20.tex)"makemf" --verbose "feta16"
"hbf2gf" -q -g "feta16" 300
maketfm: No creation rule for font "feta16".

! Font \fetasixteen=feta16 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                  \def
l.41 \def
        \fetafont{\fetasixteen}
No file tmpmuyqwr.aux.
}

And here's were it ends. Anyone knows what to do? Probably more a latex
question than a lilypond-book one. But still I think here's the place to
ask.

Thanks a lot,

tiM