Re: Generating EPS with lilypond

From: Michel Goossens
Subject: Re: Generating EPS with lilypond
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:36:02 +0000 (UTC)

Stewart Holmes <running.tostandstill <at> tiscali.co.uk> writes:

> I'm not an expert on the subject, but here goes...
>
> Have you tried opening the EPS in other programs? Moreover, have you tried
> opening it in GSView after unchecking 'Safer' on the tools menu? I don't
> myself know the reason why, but this is required to view a
> Lilypond-generated .ps file, so it may well be the same for an .eps file.
This is not the problem. The fact is that the EPS does not contain the
fonts, and hence references a filename (the OTP font source) that is not
present. Also, the bounding box is wrong. Hence the ifrts question:

what is the correct way to generate an EPS file (the music piece is
only two staves, so I do not want the output area to cover the whole
A4 page, but only the area occupied by the music.