Re: Generating EPS with lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Generating EPS with lilypond
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:21:13 +0200

Michel Goossens wrote:
Have you tried opening the EPS in other programs? Moreover, have you tried opening it in GSView after unchecking 'Safer' on the tools menu? I don't myself know the reason why, but this is required to view a Lilypond-generated .ps file, so it may well be the same for an .eps file.

This is not the problem. The fact is that the EPS does not contain the fonts, and hence references a filename (the OTP font source) that is not
present. Also, the bounding box is wrong. Hence the ifrts question:

what is the correct way to generate an EPS file (the music piece is
only two staves, so I do not want the output area to cover the whole
A4 page, but only the area occupied by the music.

try

  lilypond -b eps bla.ly

and set

  tagline = ##f

in the

  \header {}

the bla.eps file contains fonts depending on the program initialization.

Use the -dno-gs-font-load to force font embedding.

Graham, maybe this should be mentioned (esp. the tagline trick) in the manual?

You can also run

  -deps-font-include

which will cause the individual per-system EPS files to contain fonts.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com