Re: chord name size

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: chord name size
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

Depends on your age, eyesight and the type of score too.  For a simple fake
book lead sheet I like things big so that I can read it better in a dark
room at a distance, or at times when I'll have a cheat sheet on the floor at
my feet while performing something I have not fully memorized.  As for the #
symbol I'm using a chord names exceptions list that I can fully customize,
for example I also like to see the tensions 5, b5, #5, 7, 9, b9, #9, 11,
#11, 13, etc. stacked vertically like Hal Leonard Publishing has been doing
for a while now, this reduces the amount of horizontal space needed to show
chords that have a lot of named tensions.  I just unconditionally always use
my exceptions list now which works pretty good.