Re: lily doc in french ?

From: David R. Linn
Subject: Re: lily doc in french ?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:11:48 -0600 (CST)

>> From: John Mandereau <address@hidden>
>> To: Jean-marc LEGRAND <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:48:03 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden

>> Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:
>> > Just one question : are the two lists linked together ? Or is there a
french lilyworld and a english
>> > spoken one ?
>>
>> The only link between the lists is the number of users who are suscribed
>> to both. I sometimes summarize some threads from lilypond-user on
>> lilypond-user-fr, and when we can't solve an issue on lilypond-user-fr,
>> we propose the concerned person to send an email to the appropriate
>> english-speaking list.

There is one other point of possible interest:  when unsubscribe
people send messages to the lists that I manage, those messages
are held for my review.  When such a message is written in French
including a statement that the writer cannot read English (this
happens about once each month), I suggest (in French) that they may
want to subscribe to the French users list and ask their questions
there.

While I read French, I'm no longer very good at generating it so
this seems like a more useful way for them to get help than for
me to try to help directly.

        David