Re: lilypond and editors

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: Re: lilypond and editors
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:12:53 +0200

If you are on Windows, I created this syntax highlighter for the Context
editor:

www.context.cx

Here is the highlighter plug in I created:

http://forum.context.cx/index.php?topic=1396.0

First download/install Context editor, then download/copy the highlighter
file to the appropriate directory, then whenever you open a ly file in
context it will be highlighted, it also separates scheme code from lilypond
code style-wise.  I entered around 700 or so lilypond reserverd words in the
highlighter and the sceme code appears with a gray background, it also
matches opening/closing brackets, hilights comments differently, etc. and
acceps unicode or ascii data.

So long as you only need ASCII then it's probably ok, but last time I checked it did *not* support UTF-8 properly (even though it claims something along the lines of utf-8 awareness on the front page) so at least for me, it's pretty much useless.. YMMV of course..

my 0.02€

Simon