Re: Extracting parts from a .ly file?

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: Extracting parts from a .ly file?
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:32:54 -0200

Joe wrote:
> It is not pretty and it doesn't to a great deal of syntax checking but
> below is a perl script I've just thrown together which extract the
> parts as you require.  It should pick out things like 'soprano' while
> ignoring things like '\soprano'.  You should save it in a file called
> ly-extract and call it with:
>

> $ ly-extract infile.ly outfile.ly label
>

> where label is soprano, alto, etc.
>

> I don't know how perl works with Windows, but I would guess that you
> would need to change the first line in some way.
====

Only now was I able to test your script and I got this result:

C:\carols\Songbook\ajuste1> perl ly-extract lindotempo.ly lindalto.ly alto
Bareword found where operator expected at ly-extract line 12, near ")address"
        (Missing operator before address?)
Array found where operator expected at ly-extract line 12, at end of line
syntax error at ly-extract line 12, near ")address"
Global symbol "@hidden" requires explicit package name at ly-extract line 12.
Execution of ly-extract aborted due to compilation errors.
Process perl exited with code 255

line 12 is this:
my($fin,$fout,$label)address@hidden;

Was this altered by the mail server? Or is it intentional to have
address@hidden I don't know perl to easily fix that, so, first of all thank
you very very much and, please, could you help me to fix it?

Best regards,

Eduardo
Com o Click21 você tem sempre vantagens! Além do email com 1 Gb, Acelerador,
Blog,
Flog, Games e atendimento 24 horas, voce também pode falar minutos DDD com a
promoção Click 21 Minutos. Quanto mais você navega mais fala DDD.