Re: Making a staff take extra vertical space?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Making a staff take extra vertical space?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:27:17 +0100

Robert Kennedy wrote:
I wonder, though, how I can get it to appear *below* the chords...
One method is to typeset the text as a text script instead of using \mark:

    | c'4^\markup { \huge \line{ \box "C" \bold "(first time only)" }}

Then it will be connected to the stave and therefore the chords
will move out of the way automatically.

I like this suggestion, but unfortunately it seems to demonstrate
another bug. The chords move out of the way regardless of whether they
would collide with the text script. The result is a bunch of ugly,
unnecessary blank space. Thanks for the tip, though.

That's also solve in the latest development versions.

  /Mats