Re: get an accidental to not print

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: get an accidental to not print
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:56:56 +0000 (UTC)

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen <at> lilypond.org> writes:

> Adam Good escreveu:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > sorry if this has been addressed already, it's hard for me to find any
> > reference in the archive.
> >
> > ! = print the accidental manually
> > ? = print a cautionary accidental
> >
> > what about _don't_ print an accidental? like i write "cis" but don't
> > want it to print the accidental?
> >
> I think this is not possible; might be mistaken though.

The documentation says that accidentals use the item-interface.

The item-interface has the property break-visibility. One of the predefined
variables for break-visibility is all-invisible, which looks to me like it
should keep accidentals from printing.

But I'm not sure what syntak to use to set break-visibility for the
item-interface for accidentals.

Carl Sorensen